Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cycle 1: Day 17

It's my last day of Cycle 1. Am I excited? You bet. A little nervous? Yep. I feel like I finally mastered the elements of Cycle 1 (as simple as they may be) and now I'm entering this new, unknown territory, the Activate cycle. While I am thrilled at the concept of eating more than just eggs, chicken and kale on a daily basis, the Activate cycle throws in one more challenging loop: you must rotate daily between the Activate (Cycle 2) and Accelerate (Cycle 1) diets. So gone are my mindless, thrown together meals during my hectic work week, and now I must actually pay attention to which foods I can or can't have when I'm meal planning.

I know, I know...It's not that difficult, really. And it's totally worth the trouble to be able to enjoy shellfish (yay!) flank steak (double yay!) and even quinoa (oh so delicious) instead of chicken. I will keep my kale, kafir smoothies and egg white scrambles on a regular rotation, but I may take a break from chicken for a while. Maybe even forever. I never cared much for chicken in the beginning, and after the amount of chickens I have digested in the past 2 and a half weeks...oooh it makes me a bit ill to think about it. If I didn't have eat cold food at work it would be different, I'm sure, but eating cold chicken 4-5 nights a week has done me in. Now cold steak on the other hand...that sounds amazing right now!

I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest lately planning out my Cycle 2 recipes. Thank goodness for Pinterest, because I usually don't know what I want until I see it right there on my computer screen. My goal is to try out at least 10% of the recipes I have repinned. Now the workouts I keep posting, that's a different story. I usually repost those because the girls in the pictures have killer bodies, and they make me want to run upstairs and fire up my barre workout DVDs. Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration!

Next Cycle, I will be making an effort to do the following:


  • Drink more water. I started to slip mid way through Cycle 1.
  • Buy less groceries at a time. I don't know how I thought I would eat 4 bell peppers or 6 cucumbers within one week, and let's just say I have a lot of produce in my fridge that is no longer in its prime.
  • Work out 5x a week. It was fine to work out less while I got accustomed to the low calories in Cycle 1, but not it's time to step it up!

I followed Cycle 1 pretty carefully, and considering my couple slip ups, I am happy with the 10 pounds I lost during the 17 days. Keeping it simple for the last day.

Breakfast:

3-Egg white scramble
1/2 cup sauteed kale

Snack:

1 Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt

Lunch:

Baked Tilapia over Mixed Greens
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive oil

Snack:

1/2 cup cottage cheese

Dinner:

Ground turkey over broccoli
Topped with low-carb marinara and fat free Mozzarella


Now time to go have sweet dreams about couscous, quinoa and red meat!








No comments:

Post a Comment