Thursday, February 21, 2013

C2: "Chinese" Steak and Broccoli Stir Fry

This is a FABULOUS recipe! Easy to make, tender and flavorful steak, and easy to add/modify as you see fit (ie, adding onions, peppers, etc. to make it more of a "stir fry"). I found the original recipe at Rainy Day Gal's website , be sure to check it out! I made several modifications to make it C2 compliant, so the recipe as I prepared it is below. I like to prepare this with brown rice, when eating this for lunch. Delish!





Serves 4

1 lb. Cycle 2 approved steak (see Cycle 2 list...I used flank steak)
2 cups broccoli
1 TBS Baking powder
1 TBS cornstarch (not listed on the 17 Day Diet, but a lot of recipes I looked up for the diet contain it...so I 
am making sure I use it as sparingly as possible)
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup powdered Truvia or Stevia in the Raw
1 TBS olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 TBS garlic powder

1. Combine baking powder, cornstarch, Truvia, water, soy sauce and olive oil in mixing dish. Using a fork or whisk, combine ingredients.


2. Cut steak into strips, and add to above mixture. Combine thoroughly.
3. Let marinate in fridge for 1 hour. If you desire brown rice, prepare at this time.
4. Once the hour is complete, heat large skillet,  and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Place over burner set on medium-high heat.
5.  Fill saucepan with 1/2 cup water, place fresh or frozen broccoli in pan. Bring to a boil, and let steam until the broccoli reaches desired tenderness.


6. Place marinated steak strips (including any marinade remaining in bowl) in heated skillet. Add red pepper flakes and garlic powder, stir. Cook until well done.
7. In a bowl, place rice (if desired), broccoli, and steak. 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your broccoli stir fry. I really want to know on how to cook this because this is my favorite. I will try to add my stir fried chicken on that food if I cook it perfect.

    ReplyDelete