Monday, February 4, 2013

C1: Day 6

For most bartenders, the phrase "Thank God It's Friday" does not ring true. On Fridays, I typically leave my house for work a little after 2PM, and find myself home close to 5AM. Because I work at a rooftop bar, on Saturdays we open earlier, meaning the hours can be 1PM-5AM. The hours are long, but the most difficult thing is finding a method to prevent reaching starvation mode by the end of a shift.

This past weekend, I found a couple effective tricks. First, bring a snack to eat while setting up the bar (which is typically yogurt, today was a Kaffir smoothie and brussel sprouts.) Second, have "dinner" while closing the bar. Sure, eating at 4 AM for most would be a poor choice for any diet, but with my weekend hours there aren't many options. Also, I am almost a week in to this diet, and have yet to find myself a "2" on the hunger meter, and I haven't even taken a sip of beer or wine!

Eating my dinner cold every night at work has been interesting. The meals all taste delicious hot, but so far the only great cold option is the chicken vegetable soup. I have a few more recipes to make tomorrow, I think the more vegetables the better they will taste cold.

Also, I realized I hadn't been necessarily consuming my 2 full fruit servings per day. I was counting the fruit yogurt as a serving, but I need to add a few more berries to meet the criteria.

Breakast:

3 Egg Whites, Scrambled (I use Egg Beaters, add some garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and black pepper)
Yoplait Greek Yogurt

Snack:

1/2 cup grapes

Lunch:

Blackened chicken over mixed Greens
Creamy non-fat Balsamic Dressing 
5 Strawberries


Snack:

1/2 cup Kaffir Yogurt Smoothie (I found this at my local Harris Teeter)
Brussel Sprouts


Dinner:

Grilled Tilapia with sauteed spinach


 I am watching my sugar intake a bit more due to the 2 servings of probiotics a day. Many low-calorie greek yogurts contain a very high amount of sugar, but so far I have found that Dannon Light & Fit greek yogurt is my best option (80 calories, 6g sugar). The 100 calorie Yoplait greek yogurt is also reasonable (100 calories, 9g sugar). I had inadvertently grabbed another brand yesterday, and realized it had over 20g sugar! Yikes. I feel like I'm cheating on my diet whenever I'm eating the greek yogurt. It really is quiet decadent, and certainly helps satiate this sweet tooth of mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment